Dad's 80th. Birthday

Hello Friends, Happy hump day everyone, I hope you all are having a great week this far. I cant believe we are already half way thru September. Next thing you know, It's going to be Christmas. Yikes!!
Well I have a couple of projects that I want to share with you all. My Dad's 80Th. Birthday is tomorrow and he is an artist. If I ever need to get rid of stamping magazines or catalogs he is the first person to say, Ohhhh, I'll take them. He does pencil drawings and some of his work is just amazing. When he was in college he won many art contests and even in his work(before he retired) he was the person they would call to do pencil drawings of anyone who was retiring and those would be presented to the retiree. Pretty cool stuff.
So, I had to create something cool for him. He loves to go to the book store and buy books with interesting photos in them so I went to his favorite book store(1/2 price books here in Concord) and got him a gift card, so with that, I needed to make a Gift card holder. This holder is pretty cool as I got the idea from a friend of mine(Thank you Polly!) It is made from a TPaper roll. Covered in the same paper that I used on the card and I embossed the tag with my Stars EF. I added some fibers to add some splash of color to it and there you have it. So easy and so cool looking!
As for the card, I used an image from
"I brake for stamps" I colored the senior in with my copics and also used my spicas(on the ribbon)
I have totally neglected all of my
"I brake for stamps" rubber and my Dad has the awesome sense of humor so I knew he would totally appreciate this image and with the look on the seniors face, I though "Happy joyful Birthday" (From Small Saying by StampinUp!) was the perfect sentiment.
My color scheme was Going Grey,Ruby Red & Vanilla from Stampin Up! The DP is by
Sandylion. I have also used my embossing folders on the grey and vanilla panels(spots & dots and Stars)
So, there you have it. Dad's 80Th. birthday present and card. I cant wait to take it over to him tomorrow. I think he will get a chuckle out of it!
Well, all for now my friends. I'm off to do some creating and I will see you all real soon!









Comments

* Shell B.* said…
Awesome job Dannie........long time no see, summer is winding down now so I have a chance to visit some of my blog sisters again!

I knew that was a "I brake for stamps" image right away! LOL

Hugs Shell~Alaska♥
SBS26

Popular posts from this blog

It's time for some Candy!!!

I hit 3K, Check out my candy

Splitcoast Color Challenge