Birthday card for Gramma

Hello all, How is everyone doing this warm February day? Well at least here in The San Francisco Bay area, we are having 70 degree days. I cant believe it. They say it isn't going to last too much longer. We have 3 storms coming in this weekend so better enjoy this beautiful weather while we can.
So, onto my creation. This one I made in a quick hurry for DH's Gramma. She is turning 93 tomorrow and I wanted to make it totally special for her. When I say I made this quick, I mean in about and hour. For the past week I knew I needed to make her one but I just couldn't get the creativity flowing. I am one of those people that works extremely well under pressure and this creation needed to be mailed out this am(like first thing) in order to get to her tomorrow(Wednesday) so late last night it just kinda came to me! The DP I used is Cottage Wall from Stampin Up!, My color combo is Old Olive, Orchid Opulence and Rich Razzleberry. The balloons are punched out and I embossed 1 with Swiss dots and another with D'vine swirl. The third balloon is punched from the DP. I used some yellow floss on the balloons and added a Matha Stewart bow in a light purple. Then I added the photo corners to the 2 corners of the card and added some Amethyst gems(Feb birthstone) and Viola! Gramma's special Birthday card!
Then first thing this morning I was off to the post office so hopefully she will have it tomorrow. She lives 2 towns over from us so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Well, my friends I am off for now. I want to get some challenges in tonight so I have some more to share with you tomorrow!!

Comments

SCRAPCRAZY said…
What a Beautiful card!! Love the embossed balloons and the way you coordinate your papers. I am so lovin' the weather in Fresno. We have been fishing and at the batting cage alot these past few days;D We really do need a little more rain though:)

hugs, Gina Marie
Lisa said…
I love, love, your card! Your papers and embellishments really stick out! You are very talented!

Popular posts from this blog

It's time for some Candy!!!

I hit 3K, Check out my candy

Splitcoast Color Challenge