Just checkin in...

Hello Friends, I have been a busy little bee lately but have nothing to show for it. Do you ever have days like that? Busy Busy Busy but not a thing to show for it? I hate when that happens.
I have been working on a craft fair that my good friend Polly is putting on, I have created about 100 Christmas cards for it and guess what? I have been taking a 7 week CERT(California Emergency Response Team) course with my son, Brandon and our final class/drill is the same day as Polly's craft fair so, I have to come up with an emergency plan of my own for that day. I may have my mom sit at my table and sell my goodies while Brandon and I are doing our drill.  I better get my rear in gear. ya know, I am a last minute Lucy though. It seems to work for me, LOL!



Today I took a class at Art Inspired Studios in Brentwood and let me say, OMG, what an awesome class. It was taught by Suzy West and we completed a Christmas album out of a hard bound book. So totally cool!
First off, I have taken classes before with Suzy at CHA and she is so sweet and so creative I just love taking classes given by her.
  This  book we  made into a shadow box(center photo) But I have to say, My most fave part of the whole thing is the cover. I love love love how the cover looks. This book was so much fun to create but you could definitely get lost in the hours of creating each page. There is so much you can do. This was a 4 hour class  and we used every last minute adding details to this fun and creative project. We did some embossing with "WOW" embossing powders on/in the book. We also learned some cool new techniques and how to use them in our books. I still have some more pages that I want to do in the book. Maybe try some different techniques. After all, I have about 300 pages that I can do something with!
Well, I am off to work on maybe some more Christmas cards. I will let you all know how it goes and if you are in the Concord, Calif. area then stop on by
Holiday Craft Sale***Holiday Craft Sale***Did I say Holiday Craft Sale

Saturday, Nov 3 ** 10-4pm

245 Aria Dr

Pacheco
 
Have a great rest of the weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's time for some Candy!!!

I hit 3K, Check out my candy

Splitcoast Color Challenge